Thursday 15 January 2015

New Year, New Things.

So I er, didn't quite manage to get a post up last week. In short it's to do with a myriad of job hunting factors and a busy Christmas, but yeah, no post. I apologise and hope to get on track from now onwards!

2015 is here and everywhere has look backs at 2014 or previews of what's to come in 2015. I don't normal do the whole look forward/backward thing myself, but it feels like 2015 is going to be a particularly big year for me. If nothing else it will be a year of change, so here's some of what will be coming up for me in the next 12 months.

An End
2015 is the year I will complete my PhD. Hopefully. I finish my day to day work for sure this year (mainly as I stop getting paid), and I want to get my thesis in, but that could drag on for a bit longer. However, I'm aiming for a 2015 hand in for the sake of my sanity.

A Beginning
As my PhD is ending, I'll be starting a new career. I don't know what that will be yet, but hopefully there will be a job for me to start in September! *Crosses all fingers and toes very tightly*

Something Exciting
As well as the big things I've got quite a lot of smaller, but important events happening from things I'm going to see to things I'm in. I've got two performances which I'm a part of to prep for in the coming year, from the imminent Made in Yorkshire in February to A Midsummer Night's Dream in the summer. I'm also already booked to go see the Kaiser Chiefs in a few weeks at the Leeds Arena, where I'll also be seeing The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular in May (Note to self remember tissues in case of Angels Take Manhattan or Regenerations). To add to that I'll once again be trotting off to various conventions this summer including Nine Worlds for definite and likely either MCM Expo or London Film and Comic Con.

Things to Watch, Read, Play and Listen
There are so many things that I'm looking forward to watching/playing/reading/listening to this year. I'm already looking forward to more Doctor Who and, of course, The Force Awakens next winter. But, in the near future I want to sink my teeth into the Wheel of Time audio-books, read Catherine Webb's  new and newish books under her new, new  pen name Clare North and watch Agent Carter, the new Marvel TV show following Peggy Carter after the events of Captain America. Sprinkle in some Dungeons and Dragons and a good deal of time playing the new Super Smash Brothers and that's my year in no way wrapped up. Come on! I also need to catch up with Hannibal and the Lightbringer books and Clariel and Tokyo Ghoul and Red Seas Under Red Skys... Oh! AND.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment