Monday 9 June 2014

TERMIS Diary - Day 1

As I write I'm sitting in a station waiting for my train to take me on the first leg of my journey to a tissue engineering conference in Italy. It's the first conference I'll have done a spoken presentation at, my first international conference and the biggest conference I've been to. To say I'm feeling nervous is a bit of an understatement! But I'm going to do everything I can to get my nerves under control and get the most I can out of the  experience.  As it's quite a big week, I've decided that I will keep a diary  of what I get up to while I'm away and try to put up a new mini blog up everyday (free wifi permitting), to give you an idea of what conferences are like.

So far today I've packed and repacked twice more my suitcase, checked my tickets, passport and wallet more times I can count, synced up my iPod. It's a bit of a relief to sit down and relax to be honest. The rest of my day is promised to be filled with a tube journey, another train and an early dinner before bed.

I'm now in my guest-house room, a few miles from Stansted. I'll tell you one thing, the smaller London stations aren't that fun! I've now got the lovely thing to do of wait for the morning and skedaddling to the station, with a bit of presentation prep in the middle. Fingers crossed I'll make it to the airport with no problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment